Friday, December 19, 2008

OpenLife: Lonely as a Cloud

Mojobox in a pileup

Location: In an "Avatar Pile-Up," high above OpenLife
By Guest Writer Mojobox Kane

Those Lindens must know how good they have it. They laugh at our puny attempts to populate a better grid...

I'm the cloud in the midst of that pile-up you see. It's the sort of goofy login error that Second Life used to have a lot. I'm ready to party like it's 2006!

I suspect that eventually other virtual worlds will be nipping at their heels, but NOT YET.

Of course, being a cloud means that I don't have to worry about fashion, drama, or griefers (they pass right through ol' Mojo).

The OpenLife folks are persistent and have released an updated client for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Perhaps in time I won't, to quote William Wordsworth, wander about "lonely as a cloud / That floats on high o'er vales and hills."

Meanwhile, I'll download the latest updates from OpenLife to see if, at least, I can become the Frankenstein's Monster again...

No comments: